• 250 g dark chocolate
• 500 ml of chilled cream
• 2 eggs
• 4 tablespoons orange liqueur, alternatively orange juice
• 3 oranges
• 2 grapefruit
• 2 tbsp pistachio nuts
• Cocoa powder as desired
For 4 – 6 people
Preparation time: 35 minutes + 3 hours cooling time
1. Chop the chocolate and melt in a bowl over a warm water bath with frequent stirring. Make sure that the water bath is not too hot, it should have a temperature of about 50 ° C.
2. Beat the cream with the whisk of the electric mixer until stiff. The cream should not be beaten too far, but be creamy consistency. Chill the whipped cream.
3. Beat the eggs with the whisk of the mixer over a hot but not boiling water bath for about 5 minutes until the eggs are slightly thicker.
4. Using a whisk, pull the liquid chocolate under the eggs, fold in the cream and season the mousse with orange liqueur. Pour the mousse into a bowl or a closed tin and cover it for at least 3 hours.
5. Peel oranges and grapefruit, cut the peel with a knife so that the light skins are removed as well. Cut the fruit into slices of approx. 0.5 mm. Chop pistachio kernels.
6. To serve, spread citrus slices on a plate. Dip a tablespoon briefly in hot water, rub dry and remove a chocolate mousse. Put one nock on each fruit, sprinkle with pistachios and cocoa powder at will and serve immediately.