• 250 g of flour + some flour for the work surface
• 190 g soft butter
• 120 g of ground almonds
• 90 g of sugar
• 50 g of powdered sugar
• 2 sachets of vanilla sugar
60 pieces / 2 baking trays
Preparation time: 40 min. + Cooling time
Sift flour into a bowl, add butter, ground almonds and sugar and quickly knead a homogeneous dough with your hands, making sure that you knead the dough only as long as necessary, otherwise it will be difficult to process. Form the dough into two rolls of about the same size, beat each roll in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 170 ° C (top / bottom heat). Remove the rolls from the refrigerator and divide each into 30 roughly equal pieces. Form each piece of dough between your hands to form a tapered, approx. 5 cm long roll at the ends. Form the roll into a croissant and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Continue with the other dough pieces and place them side by side on two prepared plates with a little distance.
3. Push the sheets one after the other for about 15 minutes on the second rail from below into the hot oven until the crescents begin to take a light color. They should not be too dark.
4. Remove the finished crescents from the oven and wait 3 minutes. Put powdered sugar and vanilla sugar on a wide plate and mix. Carefully lift the kipferl from the plate and place it upside down in the sugar mixture. Then put on a grid to cool. Store the cooled Kipferl in an airtight container.