Hello, how was your weekend? This past week got the best of me. I was in Macon sur Saone for 4 days and came home late on Thursday evening after a drive for more than 10 hours.
With all this excitement and travel I have not eaten the healthiest, but an old, reliable healthy readiness is also greatly appreciated. Especially if your goal is to slow down at the beginning of the week with a healthy charge.
Here you come now 2 of my Energy booster recipes for a healthy vitamin boost to start the week.
First, a simple recipe to make your own granola and then my personal favourite the green energy in the glass the “Green Boost”
Cranberry Granola for a joyful start in the day
Preparation time 25 minutes including baking
100gr oat flakes (bio)
80gr Almonds, unblanched
25gr Pumpkin seeds
25gr Sunflower seeds
25gr wheat germ
1 pinch cinnamon, grounded
1 pinch cardamom, grounded
11/2 tbsp. rape oil (bio)
3 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. agave syrup
120gr cranberries, dried (bio)
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C
- Mix the oats, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds with wheat germ.
- Stir under grounded cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add the oil, maple syrup and agave syrup to the mixture, stir it well and spread the mixture on a baking tray, lined with baking paper.
- Bake the granola in the centre of the preheated oven for around 15 min.
- Leave to cool for few minutes, than break up gently and stir under the cranberries.
Tipp: You can store the granola easily for around 2 weeks when you make it as a bigger amount. Use for storing a cereal glass with lid and store it on a dark and dry place.
2 cups liquid (I like coconut water)
2 hand baby spinach (fresh)
½ cup mango (frozen)
½ cup pineapple (fresh)
½ banana (optional)
1 scoop wheat grass powder
- Add everything to a high powered blender and whiz up until creamy.